FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Tue Aug 19 12:29:31 CDT 2003

Jonathan C. Patschke [jp at celestrion.net] wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Paul Weissmann wrote:
>
> > to what state did you get w/ the porting? does sparc64 require the
> > conversion of the fpa/pdq driver to support bus_dma(9)?
>
> Yes.  I'm just starting the port, but it looks straightforward.  Getting
> bus_dma to work will make it automagically work on quite a few
> architectures, so it's a worthwhile timesink.

after the bus_dma conversion there's still be the big-endiannes fixes
to make.
... and testing/bug-fixing (:

the defpa.* bus_dma changes, were, according to the netbsd diffs
quite straightforward, if i interpret it right.
the pqd.* changes are a magnitude larger

> > i'm looking into hacking the driver to run on the hppa port.
> > foremost, i need to do the latter (bus_dma) to even starting getting
> > it work.
>
> Well, hey, we can bang heads together on the project.  I'm a total
> newbie to the inner guts of that part of OpenBSD.

same here

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.