FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Tue Aug 19 12:14:37 CDT 2003

Jonathan C. Patschke [jp at celestrion.net] wrote:
> As soon as I get the DEFPA drivers working on OpenBSD/sparc64, I'll post
> benchmarks for some fairly common scenarios.

to what state did you get w/ the porting? does sparc64 require the
conversion of the fpa/pdq driver to support bus_dma(9)?

i'm looking into hacking the driver to run on the hppa port.
foremost, i need to do the latter (bus_dma) to even starting getting
it work.

on the orig. topic - after switching my network from fastether to
fddi, i noticed the network did not get anymore hosed up if i put the nfs
server unter considerable load from more than one station.

i.e. said server is very much more responsive now under lots of
network traffic and network performance at all increased under heavy
load from multiple stations.

and yes, the network was switched 100baset before.

where to get a fddi switch though? (which models to look for?)

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.