[rescue] u2 drive trays

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Aug 19 00:32:06 CDT 2003

Exactly how does 100Mbps FDDI compare to 100Mbps 100baseTX ?

I've never used FDDI... but enough of the discussions on here have
me interested....

Is it pretty cheap to get some FDDI gear these days ?

I have PCs, sbus Suns, PCI suns, and a mix of other machines (Mac
(NuBus, and soon a PCI Mac, and possibly an iMac, VAXstation 2000,
DECstation 5000, a couple of PCI based Alphas (one DEC, one of the
old NoName based systems, and two Aspen Alpine 275XS), etc.

My file server is currently a Solaris 8 Intel box.

What is the best way (and alternately what is the cheapest way) to
link FDDI and 100baseTX efficiently ?

-- Curt