[rescue] u2 drive trays

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 18 22:36:37 CDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> Because of this, I run switched FDDI at home.  Any machine which is
> capable of saturating FDDI and has cause for doing so every once in a
> while has its own switch port.  The others are plugged into concentrators
> plugged into the switch.

What in the world is a FDDI switch?  FDDI clients get dedicated
bandwidth timeslices by design; that's the whole point of token-passing.
Is there yet another layer of isolation that can improve throughput even
more, perhaps by QoS scheduling?

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford