[rescue] Compact Flash to IDE...

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Aug 18 22:20:42 CDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Earl D. Baugh Jr. wrote:

> I picked up something probably even "simpler" than the Sandisk solution.
> The Tucson Amateur Radio group actually produces an adapter,  (check out
> http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/Fcfa.html ) which isn't probably the
> cheapest, but it's a very bare bones solution.  (I'm not affiliated with
> them in any way...I live in Atlanta...it was just a site I found when I was
> looking a while ago... they were pretty simple to deal with, took the order
> over the web, and it arrived pretty quickly.)

Halted Supply in Santa Clara had some IDE (and USB) CF readers with SD/MMC
and Memorystick and SmartMedia adapters, $25 each for the IDE kind. I'm
tempted to grab one of those if they don't sell out before I get some
cash.

http://www.halted.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/cgi-local/smpagegen.exe?U+scstore+lcls7253ff3a463a+-p+-c+scstore.cfg+80708

The pic is wrong--I actually fondled one briefly in person so I know the
IDE ones have an IDE connector and not a USB header. :)

--Rob
Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com