[rescue] u2 drive trays

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Mon Aug 18 15:09:25 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 03:35:24PM -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Joshua D. Boyd said ...
>
> >  I'm hoping to have FDDI in production use
> > at home soon, and after that, I hope for the
> > next stop to be either GigE, HIPPI, or Myrinet.
>
> At some point the network is faster than the disks, right?

Striping.

Infuriatingly, one my my NAS machines gets lets bandwidth from the disk
than it does the FastE cable running to it.  Now how bloody useless is
that?  Stupid IDE which claims to be fast but isn't.  I can't get this
machine to give me even DV speed file system access, let alone the sorts
of speeds that UltraDMA66 claims to support (the controller may only be
DMA33 though, but still, I'm getting less than a tenth of that).