[rescue] Laser Printer fix...

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun Aug 17 11:27:36 CDT 2003

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 11:14 AM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> I'm trying to "Rescue" this laser printer... a Xerox DocuPrint P12
> (engine issue, read on to see what other two printers use this engine)

I have a 12/640, with all the tech docs (paper) for it, not sure how
useful
they would be for you, but I'd be willing to duplicate them and send
them to you if you'd cover the duplication and postage costs.

> I think it's either paper transport or sensor problem...
>
> Basically it starts to try to feed, possibly feeds a bit, then jams...
> however, if you hold the printer on a 45 degree angle (can't remember
> if the front or the back needs to be the higher end), then it feeds
> ans prints its test page fine....

It's likely the pick-up roller in the paper tray.  As you face the
front of the printer, there is a roller on the left side of the tray.
This should be adjusted so that it will just "hold" a business card in
place.  You will note that this is the part of the paper tray that
wears from the paper friction, so it has to be adjusted periodically.

> Anyone got a repair manual on this (the engine is used
> in the Xerox DocuPrint P12, Apple LaserWriter 12/640/PS Plus, and
> NEC 1200 printers) ... since it is an engine issue, a manual for
> any of these that covers the engine would be usefull.

Drop me a note privately, and we can set something up for the docs.

=Nadine=