[rescue] firewalling windoze crap

Phil Schilling phils at gcstech.net
Mon Aug 11 06:53:26 CDT 2003

On 16 Aug 2003 18:22:21 -0700
Daniel de Young <daniel at velvetsea.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 04:23, Phil Schilling wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:58:42 -0500

> Fine and dandy until somebody plugs a laptop with the worm in behind
> your firewall.

A great example as to why I do not share information often on here.  I directed this at Dave who I know has the knowledge to use the information that I gave.  Yes, laptops are a problem but I did not go into a 6 page lesson on firewall usage.  I tried to quickly answer the question Dave was asking with the knowledge that I have on Dave's network setup.  Next time believe me rather than passing any information across the lists I will personally email the questioner and give them the specifics that they need for their network.

Once again sorry for the curt reply, but my week has sucked majorly and have no time for nit picking.

Phil