[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Aug 16 20:07:48 CDT 2003

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Uh? Please elaborate here, I really do not understand what suits have to
> do with the current situation in California.

Do read up on the energy crisis and how the electric companies inside
California had deals with companies outside of CA (including Enron) to
buy electricity at above market rates so that they could qualify for
subsidies, making everyone rich.

> Oh, I would agree with you if it was election time. But, the elections
> were a short time ago and Californian's already spoke with their votes,
> OK? I believe this is a shady attempt at over ruling the will of the
> people.

Uh, hello?  It's provider-for in the California constitution, and was
approved by the signatures -OF- the people of California.

> If we are going to recall a governor, we should have the option to recall
> EVERYONE, OK?

Is that in the constitution?

> I find it inmoral that the main justification is the current budgetary
> crisis, when almost every other state is going through the same
> situation,

Yes, but this isn't the first time for California.  It's been like that
for years and steadily getting worse.  Other states also don't have the
same -magnitude- of debt as CA.

> while spending millions in gathering signatures

Do you have proof that this was paid with public funds?

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford