[rescue] Baffling problem with HP DeskJet 1600CM (paper feed)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sat Aug 16 18:09:45 CDT 2003

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 05:50 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Fourth: Does it print it's own test pages properly or choke on the
>> first one?  (Press and hold the blue button until it starts blinking
>> -  usually only requires a single press.)
>
> It follows the same patten, the first page comes right out, the second
> one gets stuck (physical paper jam, need to pull the page out of the
> mechanisim, it tends to go in about 1.5-2" before jaming...

Definitely a feed roller/guide jam.  Been there.  Done that.

Probably just need to clean the paper path and the rollers.

> So noted...

I'm surprised that Admintool didn't just do this for you - I usually
never had a problem with it when I did it.  But as you said, it didn't
work for you.

>> Or you could go out and buy a bottle of Simple Green and clean all
>> the rollers with that.
>> It is probably cheaper.  ;-)
>
> Maybe, but this "pad" from the seller is $2,and it is known to be "the
> right stuff" by them, so I'll try that first...

Just beware.  $2 isn't all that bad but if it is green and smells like
antifreeze then it's probably Simple Green.  $3 of which would probably
buy you a gallon of the stuff if it's on sale.  I use it on all
printers I deal with.  Makes the rubber rollers and pads sticky and
flexible again.

>> I'm going to be gone all day so I won't get to reading your responses
>> until this evening.  Sorry!
>
> Thanks!

No problem.  I sent this thing this morning and it got stuck because
I'm an idiot and had my Reply-To typo'd in Mail.app after
re-configuring all the accounts.

Mike Hebel

--
Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655