[rescue] looking for a Multia

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Aug 16 15:32:39 CDT 2003

While I'm not familiar with the multia... the only place I've
seen this kind of feature on computers is in laptops... and even
in ones that claim they can boot from pcmcia seem to be spotty
on whether or not they will do it (or what special requirements
might be necessary to do it).

For instance, you can boot a pcmcia hard drive, or flash drive (which
would include a CF card on an adapter) on a Thinkpad 365X, but I could
never get it to work on anything newer (760 series, 770 series, haven't
tried my 600X yet).

I used to do this with a pcmcia hard drive to mirror hard drives to
improve setup time by using ghost or a ghost like utility.

If you get an IDE or SCSI to CF setup, that might do it...

Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this ineresting and
usefull subject (non redundant moving parts suck ! :-) ).

-- Curt