[rescue] Baffling problem with HP DeskJet 1600CM (paper feed)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 10:58:36 CDT 2003

--- Phil Schilling <phils at gcstech.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 07:40:22 -0700 (PDT)

> /etc/lp/interfaces/[printername] change nobanner=no to nobanner=yes
> and restart the queue.

Thanks, added to my notes on Solaris!

> > Any ideas what causes the *second* jage to jam? The first shoots
> > through like nobody's business, but the second goes an inch or two,
> > then stops... If I pull the page out, the second page is printed
> > fine...
>
> My first try would be cleaning the pickup rollers.  I use fedron
> (rubber restorer), though odd the first page works fine.

My hope it that the roller cleaner will be of some help.

I wonder if the second page is knocked out of alignment by the force of
the first page being drawn up into the mechanism... It moves very
quickly...

Anyone have a suggested paper weight for these printers? I've tried
standard (20#) and Ink Jet (24#) paper with similar results...

Thanks,

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall