[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Aug 15 13:59:40 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:09:48PM -0400, Kevin wrote:

> The truth about me is a suit.  I wear them often, even
> when not forced.  Hell, i've done security audits in
> french cuffs.  If it's not you, so be it, there's
> nothing wrong with that.

I'm fairly sure I said that earlier.

The problem is when it is *forced* on you.

Would you like it if company policy forced you to wear a tutu?

> I just get pissed off when people think that their actually IS something
> wrong with me wearing a suit.

Well, a lot of us get nothing but hell from suits, so it is true there
is a tendency to view one with caution, at the least.

> And i'm not 100% buying into this "deceiving people"
> point of view.  By your logic, i suppose women should
> never wear makeup?

Sorry, your logic came up with that, not mine.

I said it is usually about deception, and from my experience this is
true.

As I said: the majority of suits I meet are either forced to wear it
(i.e. they rather have something else) or they are actively working on
deception.

Women wearing makeup is different: they are not forced to do it.

Also, you are referencing quite a different kind of deception here.

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com