[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Aug 15 12:06:41 CDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    In my last two efforts, those two things happened at the same time.

The same thing happened at $JOB-4, and, to a lesser degree at $JOB-2.
However, at $JOB-2, my department at Rice was absorbed into the library
system.  This grew us from an independent department of 8(!) people to a
small group in a department of over 100, crushing any hope of
independent thinking.

As much as good libraries are -essential- to a well-informed public,
they seem to go out of their way to squash individualism in everything
they touch.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford