[rescue] OT: unemployment and eating...

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Aug 14 13:12:04 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 05:30:06PM -0400, Kevin Loch wrote:

> I am in Virginia.  Are the benefits actually different based on race
> and gender, having the same income before unemployment?  Isn't
> that unconstitutional?

Yes and yes.

It might not happen "officially", but effectively that is what happens.

I know several people out of work. All of the black people have
benefits, even though one of them doesn't meet the requirements.

Only one of the white boys can get anything.

Nothing is written down that says this outside of a few "extra" laws for
minorities, but it happens anyway.

People try to say it isn't true, but that's because they've never
experienced it.

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com