[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Aug 14 13:21:17 CDT 2003

My argument was never that everyone should wear suits.
Slacks and a sport coat meets and exceeds the minimum
standard in todays world.  I was just getting this "if
you wear a suit your a moronic corporate monkey" vibe
and it was pissing me off.  I actually like to wear a
well tailored suit.  I renew my subscription to GQ at
the same time i do SysAdmin and i'm not apologizing for
it (although GQ is turning to crap as of late) and,
along the same lines, if i happen to move from IT
Director to CIO at a public company i ain't apologizing
for that either.

There's nothing wrong with not wearing a suit but the
converse is true as well, especially if you feel
comfortable in one.  There is however, something wrong
with showing up for a job interview dressed below the
minimum standards for neatness and cleanliness, be that
in a D&G suit or jeans and a Tee shirt.  Some people
seem to believe that showing up a crumpled Iron Maiden
shirt and torn jeans is OK, because "it's them", and i
happen to believe otherwise.

/KRM