[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Aug 14 12:56:14 CDT 2003

"From: "William Enestvedt" <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
"
"> > I'd love to find a good place to work in the upper midwest - my
"> > wife though, has this perception of it being perpetually cold
"> > and snowy up there....
">
"   In Winscaaaaahnsin, they put cheese in everything so that you don't feel
"the winter winds. Trust me: in Minnesota, we're taught this as children. :7)

my gf is from upper mn [brainerd], and the first winter she spent here
[nh/ma] killed her.  it's colder back there, but it stays cold
-all-winter-long- around here.  she was used to having thaws/breaks
every six weeks or so.

and btw will, her little boy is headed to jw, so you go and make sure
all his records show a straight 4.0, right?

as for texas - when my brother moved to dallas i was shocked to learn
that it's classed only one zone warmer than here by the usda.  that
means that the lowest winter temp you can expect is only 10*f warmer
than boston!  and one of his mothers-in-law [don't ask] told of
falling into her pool trying to break the ice up during a week of
single-digit temps.

yeah, summer is a different animal.