[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Aug 14 11:03:10 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:30:41PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Note that I said "irresponsible" and not "illegal".  They are legally
> authorized to do so, of course.  There are plenty of immoral and
> irresponsible things that are perfectly legal to do.

I'm glad to hear you say that.

Sometimes I think no one understands that legal != ethical in all cases.

I can do a lot of things legally, but it would be wrong.

Likewise not everything illegal is unethical.

> They have legal protection granted them by society.  The least they can
> do is keep our economy running.

Yep.

I still say that a company, any kind, exists to fullfill some purpose,
and that sacrificing that for money is wrong, and in the long run, not
financially sound either.

Most well wrong companies, and well balanced companies, will make money.
Maybe not as much as the growth-dependent mega-corporations, but I think
we'd be better off without those anyway.

Ever notice how no one in business seems to know how to make money
without sustained growth?

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com