[rescue] (no subject)

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Thu Aug 14 09:55:15 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 10:01 AM, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> I was told (three years ago) by the my manager not only to not wear a
> suit
> when I interviewed but simply to wear 'a nice golf shirt and slacks'.
> He
> claimed with a straight face anything nicer would scare people and
> make them
> think I was a consult-tick.

I asked what to wear to an interview in Israel not so long ago, and was
told by the CEO:

"If you dress in an evening suite and top hat we will all get a good
laugh. If you dress in beige chinos and Source sandals then the
employees will think that you are trying to emulate me. If you wear a
tie the secretary will think that you are trying to sell us life
insurance and she will not let you in."

---sambo