[rescue] OT: unemployment and eating...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Aug 13 15:45:08 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 03:13 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:48:56AM -0700, N.Miller wrote:
>
>> Welfare rolls?  Food stamps, other types of assistance, section 8
>> housing assistance?  A whole 'nother level of bureaucracy to deal
>> with.
>
> Around here, if you are a white male, forget it.

Midwest - my unemployment is just enough to pay our rent and maybe save
money for a burger.  It sucks.

>> And, once your unemployment runs out (or you don't qualify for
>> whatever
>> reason, like me), you aren't counted in those numbers either.
>
> Some of those CEOs better hope their office windows are armored.
>
> I'm only half-joking BTW... I expect to see some backlash.

Please don't say that.  I already have to hear from one Christian
relative (my mother) who is convinced that society will collapse any
day now.  "It's coming!"  Sheesh.

Although I would like to see some people higher up the food chain get
laid out to dry without any safety net.  Not like that's going to
happen though.  :-(

Mike Hebel

--
Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655