[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Daniel de Young daniel at velvetsea.com
Wed Aug 13 14:46:32 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 11:42, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:33:58PM -0700, Daniel de Young wrote:
>
> > If they don't take me because I'm not right for the job, that's fine.
> > If they don't take me because I actually looked nice for the interview,
> > I'm not sure I want to work there.  That's just *weird*.
>
> I think if they refuse to take you because you didn't look nice, by some
> definition of "look nice", that is what is wierd, and stupid too.
>
> I can't be the only one that thinks most suits look ugly.
>
> > I've done my share of hiring and I want to see that the person took some
> > care in preparing for the interview and that includes wearing something
> > nicer than they normally would.  If they don't want to take a minute to
> > put on some decent clothes, I'm going to wonder if they even want the
> > job.  I would never dismiss somebody because of their clothes either.
>
> That's one of the most illogical things I have ever heard.
> What if they can't afford a suit?

Sorry, but I fail to see how expecting somebody to put some effort into
their appearance is evil.  Give me a break.

I've done enough interviewing to know that the cloths *do not* make the
person.  However, I've done enough to also note that people who don't
give a flip about their appearance seem to either become you're best
employees OR your worst.  I'm going to be careful based on my
experience.

-Daniel