[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Tue Aug 12 18:27:36 CDT 2003

schiller at agrijag.com said:
> The market's full of these.  The variant which has repeatedly bitten
> me
> is that you cannot get a job working in a large 24/7 datacenter until
> you have experience working in a large 24/7 datacenter.

> Well, never having worked at a 'large 24/7' datacenter, I wonder how
> much different is it REALLY from a smaller datacenter?

I've never worked in an "X-by-Y" datacenter.  I have pulled 12 hour shifts
in the chain controlling a LARGE portion of the nuclear weapons in southern
germany near the end of the cold war.

Gee..... I think I can deal with the "pressure and urgency".....

Folks, it seems simple to me:

	- Use your networking and connections to bypass the HR assholes and get
	an interview
	- Use your real experience to get the job once you have an interview

If you lack experience, and are "on the bench", explore volunteer options to
get credible, documentable experience with references.

AL