[rescue] looking for a Multia

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Aug 12 19:23:36 CDT 2003

"From: Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
"On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:49:25PM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
"
"> Someone was telling me the jobless rate is calculated by looking at the
"> number of people collecting unemployment.... so the government is no
"> longer counting me unemployed.... wow... didn't know I was employed...
"> who should I sue for not giving me a paycheck ?
"
"The unemployment rate can be as much as 100% off at times.
"
"For example, have you ever noticed how many jobs are 3 months or
"less?
"
"That's because you can't get unemployment if you don't work at least 2
"quarters, and they don't have to pay for it.
"
"I'm in that boat... I can't get unemployment because my last two jobs
"were only 3 months.

over the last ten years, most of my jobs were 3 months, and i got
unemployment after all of them.  the rule [in this state, anyway] is:
you have to work -in- two quarters.  and it doesn't have to be all one
job.  luckily, none of mine coincided exactly with a quarter anyway.

and because of a quirk in the rules, if my last job had been shifted
just ten days laters - same duration - i would've qualified for 50%+
more in unemp.