[rescue] looking for a Multia

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Aug 12 16:15:29 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 01:15 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:58:31PM -0700, N.Miller wrote:
>> If I can find something to pay the bills, I am going to take my
>> pre-reqs for an accelerated BS in Nursing and get my RN.  I might even
>> go into the military after that and get them to pay for my MS so I can
>> become a Nurse Practioner.
>
> I've considered that route myself, only I'm (a) almost certainly 4-F
> since the accident and (b) I'm over the Federally-mandated maximum age
> for commissioning.

Phil, I tried to reply privately to this, but it looks like your ISP is
black-holing 66.111.4.26 from fastmail.fm.

Anyway...

Unless you are over 47 (web site says 46), you might think about
it again.  I received email from an AMEDD recruiter just yesterday
confirming this.  I dunno about the 4F; I can't imagine PT reqs
are all that stringent if they are accepting 47 yo's. :-)

The recruiter said:
Active Duty--you must have your BSN and an RN lic.:
"* Age 21 to 47 years old at time of accession onto active duty."

ANG/Reserve--prefer BSN, but will accept ADN, ditto on the lic
and age.

Here's a web site link:
<http://armynursecorps.amedd.army.mil/>

I can send you the recruiter's email address if you want.  I'm
thinking CNA or surgical tech short term, since I've heard they
are "flying out the door" after graduation, job-wise.  Then
apply to accBSN, since I have more leeway than I thought on age.
It was listed as 42 as recently as a couple of months ago on the
goarmy web site, which would be cutting it close for me.

=Nadine=