[rescue] looking for a Multia

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Aug 12 14:36:04 CDT 2003

"From: "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at celestrion.net>
"
"It will either be a U1 with an
"external modem running Solaris, AuroraLinux, or NetBSD (AuroraLinux is
"slightly pulling ahead here, because I'm familiar with setting up PPP
"under linux, but Solaris has appeal because I'd rather use it for the
"core routing functionality this machine was purchased for.  I can't
"very well make it route FDDI<->FastE under Linux or NetBSD),

i'm very comfortable with solaris asppp, but then i had more than a
few years with uucp under my belt.

hint 1:	use hardware flow control everywhere, and make sure your
	cables carry it.
hint 2:	go through the modem command set, and set the modem chat
	script to init it as close to rs232-std [not always the
	default] as possible, every time you call out.
	i wake the modem up with an at, get the ok, send the init, get
	the ok, then send atdtw\t
hint 3:	debug the uucp part of the setup with cu, not tip.