[rescue] looking for a Multia

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Aug 12 14:58:31 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 12:43 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>> Oh, and did I mention I have not a single certification (except to the
>> extent that a B.S. counts as a cert)?
>
> Ditto.

Me, too, but worse, BA! :-/
> I'm told word-of-mouth is virtually the only way anyone's getting hired
> any more.  I hear lots of optimistic numbers on the radio, but I think
> somebody's got to be lying somewhere.  A few weeks ago, some
> commentator
> on NPR was saying, "Jobless numbers are down by 650,000 or so," and the
> next segment they were talking to someone who was saying they had a
> survey that indicated "half to three quarters of a million" people had
> just dropped off the jobless rolls because they'd given up even TRYING
> to look for work, because they'd concluded there were simply no jobs
> out
> there.

I've had 1 interview that resulted from a resume submission, and the
jerks were too big of wusses to call me and give me the bad news.  They
reposted the job.

> (I'll freely admit, I'm about this >< far from being one of them.)

If I can find something to pay the bills, I am going to take my
pre-reqs for an accelerated BS in Nursing and get my RN.  I might even
go into the military after that and get them to pay for my MS so I can
become a Nurse Practioner.

(Army recently raised the age bar for RN's to *46* up from 42.)

=Nadine=