[rescue] looking for a Multia

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Aug 12 14:49:25 CDT 2003

>From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
>
>On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 02:19:39PM -0500, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:10:03PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

.
.
.

>I'm told word-of-mouth is virtually the only way anyone's getting hired
>any more.  I hear lots of optimistic numbers on the radio, but I think
>somebody's got to be lying somewhere.  A few weeks ago, some commentator
>on NPR was saying, "Jobless numbers are down by 650,000 or so," and the
>next segment they were talking to someone who was saying they had a
>survey that indicated "half to three quarters of a million" people had
>just dropped off the jobless rolls because they'd given up even TRYING
>to look for work, because they'd concluded there were simply no jobs out
>there.

And me not having networked or kept enough contacts going :-(...

Someone was telling me the jobless rate is calculated by looking at the
number of people collecting unemployment.... so the government is no
longer counting me unemployed.... wow... didn't know I was employed...
who should I sue for not giving me a paycheck ?

If I could make enough money in a mundane job at this point, I'd go do
that and wait for this market sector to come back to it's friggin'
senses.... this is f'ing lunacy...