[rescue] Fair Warning RPC Worm

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Aug 12 13:12:41 CDT 2003

It will be a frosty day in hell before any of any users
can call me at home after hours :)  They are more than
welcome to call me at the office during working hours,
but most of their f**kups seem to happen at home.  Zone
Alarm would work, but would also confuse the hell out
of 'em.  Like you said, it would trigger many more
calls to support, (Zone Alarm had a decent security
flaw surface the other day, BTW, affecting 3.1 and
possibly previous versions)

I think i'll just stick them into their own firewalled
pin at work so they can go around infecting each other
but not bothering the other users or the servers.  Then
deal with them individually as we have the time.

As for Gibson, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

/KRM

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:45:42 -0500
Mike Hebel <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com> wrote:

As for mobile users.  A little education, Zone Alarm,
and training to