[rescue] Corebuilder 6000

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Aug 12 10:41:22 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:14:38AM -0500, Phil Schilling wrote:
> Anyone seen any pricing on a corebuilder 6000 recently.  I have a pile
> of 3 Com stuff available and they want an offer.  Only had a quick look
> but this is a good portion of what is there.
>
> 1 - Corebuilder 6000 w/ 2 - 10/100 blades and 2 - mm Fiber blades plus
> 	1 - unidentified 8 port blade
> 1 - Corebuilder 2500 w/ 16 ports and fiber
> 6 - LanPlex 2500 with 8 and 16 port configurations and fiber
> Pile of fiber cabling
>
> Any ideas what to offer? (No, I don't think $1 will buy it)

I'd say that the Lanplexs are only worth about $20 a piece (maybe less
for 8 ports).  Maybe $30 is any of them have FastE single port cards.
The corebuilder 2500 is probably worth a hair less, but might as well
call it $20 anyway.  So, 7x$20 = $140 there.  I don't know what the 6000
might be worth.  I'm guessing not more than $50, unless it is a lot
better than the 2500s than I think it is (I think it is the same speed,
similar software, but with more room for more blades).  I'd guess that
for the entire lot, $100-$150, but less might also be fair.