[rescue] E3000's

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Aug 12 09:39:51 CDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 09:14:47PM +0200, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> Some power supplies will deliver well over 100 watts more then it says on the
> box, others will simply explode far before they reach their advertised
> maximum. It also varies how much voltage drops when reaching the maximum the
> psu can deliver (hard disks don't always appreciate running at 10.5 volt
> instead of 12).

That's why you buy a good PSU instead of a cheap one.

I thought you were talking about something less obvious.

A lot of those $10-25 power supplies are bad like that.  You never
really know what they will deliver.

It's painful to pay the price, but really... spending good money on a
PSU will save you money and also a lot of time and frustration, in the
long run.

It's really amazing how people will put $2000 into a system, and then
want to power it with the cheapest and biggest wattage PSU they can
find.