[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Tue Aug 12 02:08:28 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 03:20:12PM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> All this upsets me... I hope I'm wrong in that that is why I am not getting
> interviews.... errr....

Then get upset, because back when I was unemployed (16 months in Seattle, yuck),
I was told very clearly by several recruiters that my lack of certs was what
was keeping me from getting into the interviews.

(If I could get in the door, I had a decent shot at the job.)

Most HR people have no clue whatsoever about the job requirement, what skills
are appropriate; they really have no other guidelines to go by.  You're often
not interviewing with the person who screened the responses.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
"Aikido is based around the central precept of letting an attack take its