[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Aug 11 15:16:16 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 03:37 PM, Michael A. Turner wrote:

> 	I have found that all the certs do is get you in the door for the
> interview. It gives the HR drones something to look for when they are
> filtering the resumes to pass on. I have started scanning the help
> wanted
> adds and looking for the most requested certs and getting the books to
> study
> those. The problem is I know, and you know, how useless they really are
> which brings my motivation down. I should just go sit one and break my
> cherry, pass or fail.

I have been turned away because I didn't have an MCSE even though I had
Cisco certs, loads of experience, an MCP in the required area, and
other stuff.  They can be quite cruel for no reason and it makes no
difference if you explain the relevancy in a kind or informative
fashion.

Luckily this problem will go away some time this month as I will
finally have the MCSE... I am an MCSA.  This btw has been my longest
running cert to get and I have plenty of certs of greater relevance.

Andrew