[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Mon Aug 11 08:06:07 CDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 10:20:21PM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Once you go FPGA... you never go back. Trust me, it is amazing the amount
> of stuff you can get done with an FPGA, the problem is that nowadays is a
> bit of a pain in the ass to do any at home desing because high speed board
> layout and prototyping is just out of my "budget" and most of the recent
> parts are geared towards Ball Grid Arrays or other surface mounted stuff.
> I.e. most of the FPGAs you are bound to use are not socket oriented...

I'm probably grossly wrong, but the people here make high speed board
layout look fairly easy, and from the sounds of it, it just isn't
costing us that much to get boards made and assembled for us.  However,
they probably aren't choosing to ream us soley because they know that we
will likely go with them for production when we are ready to.