[rescue] Sun Rays

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Aug 9 12:30:36 CDT 2003

Did you get the host software ?

As I understand it, the SunRay is a very dumb device... basically acting
as a network attached peripheral (screen, kb, mouse, 2xUSB).  They do
not act as computers at all.  Everyone with a SunRay runs all software on
a host server, and the Ray acts as "locally attached" screen,kb,mouse,usb.

I'd love to play with a couple of these... but I've never come across the
server software required to use them.  I don't think it is included with
Solaris (although maybe that changed for Solaris 9 ?).

-- Curt