[rescue] What to do with those USB "pen" drives...

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Aug 7 13:51:16 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 02:38 AM, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> Uh? You didn't know about Knoppix yet? Shame!

I'm not a Linux geek.  I know what I know about it because
of work (and to maybe get another job), not because I *like*
to use it. :-)  I don't generally go looking for "cool"
Linux stuff.

Why don't I like it?  Because it can't make up it's mind.
Some stuff is BSD, some stuff is SysV, and some stuff is,
"neither BSD or SysV do X in a reasonable way, let's do it
like this".  It makes my brain hurt.  I'd rather got back
and forth b/w *BSD and Solaris than throw Linux in the mix.

I had a little card on my door at last $JOB that said, "One
by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity."  (From Hot
Topic, too.)  Penguins are cute and all, but that doesn't
mean they don't have an evil streak.

But then, I'm an INTP...I like internal consistency.

=Nadine=