[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Aug 7 11:15:46 CDT 2003

>    I dislike Tru64, and the box is critical to my income so I won't run
> Linux on it.  The system has never crashed or misbehaved in any way.
> And it's *screaming* fast.

Tru64 V5.x is pretty good (in fact it's one of my favorite flavors).  You
can cluster Tru64 (approximating VMS clusters, not the "clusters" you get
with other Un*x operating systems).  You can also partition the AS4100 into
two Galaxy nodes, and run an instance of Tru64 in both of them, and migrate
the two extra CPUs between the two partitions.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net