[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Thu Aug 7 08:19:38 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:52:24PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I've been dicking with Xilinx XC9500-family CPLDs recently for work
> stuff.  It's my first real foray into programmable logic aside from
> PALs a decade ago...wow what a difference!  This stuff is *cool*.

I haven't done anything with CPLDs.  When we are done with the first rev
of our boards at work, I'm hoping to make off with a stack of them to
take home for various reasons (mainly for learning to work with the
FPGA).

I haven't asked yet, but I'm hoping there is an employee discount.  A
very steep one.  There probably is no set plan because I doubt any
employee previous to me has had a reason to want any of our equipment at
home, but I can still hope.  Right off the bat, I'd have a use for one
of our mixing boards and DAC boards.  In the not to distant future, I
could see having a use for a SDI switcher, maybe.  Certainly a component
switcher (as soon as I figure out how to convert assorted composite and
Y/C signals to component).