[rescue] Anybody remember MFM? (Durango Poppy II problem)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Aug 6 13:42:18 CDT 2003

If memory serves me correct, I've worked on PCs with MFM with a cable with
a twist.... the twist is in a different spot on the MFM cable than on
the floppy cable (which made it pretty easy to differentiate once you
knew the difference).

I personally always avoided using twisted cables (except for floppy... as
I found some drives don't even want to work the "normal" way... or worse,
later production drives (3.5") are fixed ID... to the second ID of course.

-- Curt