[rescue] Anybody remember MFM? (Durango Poppy II problem)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Aug 6 12:54:51 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 12:55 PM, Michael Free wrote:

> The control cable *does* have a twist, conductors 25-29. I'm sitting
> here
> looking at a reference that says so.
>
>> From the photos, there's only one data connector so it can't be
> misconnected.
>
> How are you feeding the controller the drive specs? I'm not familiar
> with
> that particular computer.

There's a good point.  If it's got a BIOS of some sort it might be
missing the drive "type" - we used to have to set MFM according to
manufacturer's settings and ESDI as drive 1 or 2 depending on the size
of the drive.

No luck locating a low-level utility then?

Mike Hebel

--
Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655