[rescue] Anybody remember MFM? (Durango Poppy II problem)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Aug 6 12:43:56 CDT 2003

Yes, but as memory serves this was a blasted PC thing....  IBM was
attempting to make it so that users/service techs would not have to
change jumper settings on devices.... IMHO a poor idea.

Most non PC applications used straight through cables, and targetted the
drives as they were meant to be targetted.

If that system has a twist in the cable, and that twist is applicable to
the drive connector plugged into it, the drive will probably need to be
the second MFM drive, not the first (because the twist will flip that
first and second drive).

If you have no twist, it should be set to the first target.

-- Curt