[rescue] Inserting Sun Memory

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 6 12:14:27 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 04:46:39PM -0400, Earl D. Baugh Jr. wrote:

> inserting....it basically gave you a big flat piece to push down on...it
> definitely saved some wear and tear on the palms...

They are nice, but you can use other stuff.

I usually use my thumbs... but once years ago I was pushing in a rather
stubborn SIMM, and my left thumb slipped, and impaled itself on a
motherboard jumper, convieniently located near the SIMM.

A coworkers's comment: "I've never heard anyone cuss so much about
installing memory!"

> I still have mine....but I don't know if I still have the piece of
> cardboard, but I believe it actually had a Sun part number...

Kind of like the little plastic part from Apple for pushing in Nubus
cards.  Many cards actually came with one, which you generally just left
on top of the card.

I have a pair of IIci that have them.