[rescue] E3000's

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 6 10:14:20 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 01:49:36PM -0400, Todd Killingsworth wrote:
> Mine is much more baseline - 2-way 250, 512M, 2 drives - 2G and 4G.

How is the power usage on one of those?

Got a total wattage figure or something?

I was amazed the other day when I spec'd out my PC UNIX system.  It was
using 291 watts combined power on three rails (3.3, 5, and 12 volts).

Just the 12 volt rail was over 130 watts.

Even more amazing was that my power supply was only 250 watts... :) I
miscalulated last year when adding drives, and someone didn't do the
amps on the 12 volt rail properly.  Of course, I suspected the system
had power troubles, but I had to sell some things before I could afford
a new power supply.

Now it has a 430 watt power supply and a host of problems has gone away.