[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 6 10:27:56 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 12:51:49AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> If you just want a FCAL JBOD (basically a box with power supply and
> backplane), I have seen them for about $189, capable of taking 7-10
> drives.  I don't remember where though...

I can get most any SCSI box for that much.

That's a *lot* to pay to house my $75 worth of three new 18GB SCSI
drives.

Most SCSI boxes are basically PC-case quality boxes with a power supply.
They shouldn't be any more than the cheap PC cases.

I can see a little more because of cabling, and the "special" 5/12 volt
power supply, but not over $100 more.