[rescue] Q: Cross-mount home directories

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Aug 6 10:11:02 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 04:20:20PM +0200, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 August 2003 16:05, robert_brooke gravitt wrote:
> > How do I get /export/home on Solaris to show up correctly under HP-UX?
> > I've got it exported, my /etc/dfs/dfstab has the following entry:
> >
> > share -F nfs -o rw -d "home" /export/home
> >
> > and I've got it mounted under a temporary directory on HP-UX. It's just
> > that the owner:group is all munged on the HP side.
> >
> > I'm gueesing I'll be setting NIS master & slave up soon, no?
>
> s/nis/ldap/ seems reasonable to me.

I need to acquire LDAP-fu, but I can't find any actual *USEFUL*
resources on it.

But my folks just sent me some moolah for my birthday, so maybe I'll
spend a little of it to get the O'Reilly LDAP book.

(Of course, the first problem is figuring out how in blazes to get
 OpenLDAP to actually *WORK* on this machine....  I can't find a
 back-end it's happy with.)