[rescue] Q: Cross-mount home directories

robert_brooke gravitt brooke at gravitt.org
Wed Aug 6 09:05:09 CDT 2003

Stupid question:

How do I get /export/home on Solaris to show up correctly under HP-UX?
I've got it exported, my /etc/dfs/dfstab has the following entry:

share -F nfs -o rw -d "home" /export/home

and I've got it mounted under a temporary directory on HP-UX. It's just that the owner:group is all munged on the HP side.

I'm gueesing I'll be setting NIS master & slave up soon, no?

Bill: I will ship that keyboard one day, I swear. It is in my car in a box right now.