[rescue] backup software

steve steves at unitrends.com
Mon Aug 4 17:36:22 CDT 2003

There are a number of good products out there that are more reasonably
priced.  Lonetar, Edge and Bru are good for stand-alone Solaris backups
and do a superb job. I have not seen the BruPro product yet. ArcServe
has a reasonable Unix product with excellent windows support.  Legato is
a little bit pricy and I believe they have gone to an every two year
licensing policy.

If you want a CD-bootable disaster recovery product that is integrated
with backup, you can check out Unitrends Bare Metal for Solaris (Bare
Metal Plus) or their DPU. The DPU - Data Protection Unit is a disk-to
disk
appliance-like unit that does backup of 30 different platforms, has Bare
Metal for 20 of them including windows and Solaris and has a remote
synthetic backup option.

Steve

(Disclaimer :-) - I work for Unitrends.)