[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 4 14:28:36 CDT 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Read about FC-AL, aka FibreChannel.  That's essentially what it is.

Except that FC-AL doesn't limit you to one device per channel.

> It works, it's SCREAMING fast, it's standardized, it's supported, and
> it's readily available.

Oh, and it's cheap, if you can find T-cards.  But the adapters and
devices are cheap, and multimode fibre is practically disposable
compared to 68-pin SCSI cables.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford