[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Aug 4 11:23:13 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:39:01AM -0400, Shannon wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 12:08:22AM -0700, N. Miller wrote:
>
> > Sprint was the bottom of customer service.  Verizon was
> > number one.  The rest were mixed up in the middle.
>
> I'd definitely agree about Sprint.  I use them only because I have
> a contract.
>
> Verizon... I hear a lot of complaints about their service. If they are
> indeed number one, then it has to be in terms of the lesser of many
> evils.
>
> I think all of them suck right now.

I really like NXTL's service, but I've heard horror stories from a
friend who works in their datacenter, mainly to the effect that all
NXTL's sysadmin is outsourced to EDS and EDS couldn't find their
collective ass in a floodlit room with both hands if they used imaging
microwave radar and a gas sniffer.

And don't even THINK about PacHell.  I had PacHell GSM cellular service
for about three months, and the bastards lied to me consistently and
determinedly for the entire three months until I finally told'em to take
their phone and their software that they'd known for over a year didn't
support it, wrap'em up in their service contract folded so that it's all
sharp corners, and shove the whole bundle up their ass sideways.