[rescue] good spring cleaning

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Mon Aug 4 08:26:44 CDT 2003

On 3 Aug 2003, Daniel de Young wrote:

> Okay,
> I've got a whole bunch of older sun stuff now and I want to give it all
> a good cleaning.
> What's everybody's favorite cleaning tips for crusty old hardware?

Hi,

The best products I've ever found are:

http://servisol.co.uk/data/FC30_data.htm for cleaning cases

http://servisol.co.uk/data/LR130_data.htm for removing stickers and
labels

I used to use isopropyl alcohol, but Servisol Foaming Cleanser is so
much better than it that they just don't warrant comparison.

It makes your cases come up like new :)

I don't know where you can get this stuff in North 'Merka, sorry[1] - if
anyone wants a can putting in the post, give me a shout (I work in a
shop that sells this stuff, and is also a very heavy user of it).

Ed.

[1] Servisol's "International distributor enquiries" page is 404. Go
figure.

--
I remember why I started becoming less tolerant, and I think I should strive
to become less tolerant in future. - RobA