[rescue] OT: Pixar contacts?

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Aug 4 03:27:01 CDT 2003

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:59:04, "Gavin Hubbard" <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz> said:

> ><obrescue>Trading a POS Compaq 5151 (w/WinME! no less) for a
> >PowerMac 8500 today.  Best part, I didn't buy the Compaq, it came
> >with the store. *ugh*  I've got a line on a G3 upgrade for the 8500,
> >so I'll be able to try the "unsupported" OS X install.</obrescue>

> I thought that Apple machines with old world ROMs weren't supported by OS
> X, or is this only from 10.3 onwards?

<http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/>

I dunno about 10.3.  I have a copy here that I rec'd through a buddy's
developer seed, but haven't had the focus to get it installed on
anything.
Looks like I have a buyer for my beige G3 minitower, so I'll probably try
it on
the Pismo.  After the hardware fight I had to go through with the beige,
don't relish the thought of reinstalling on it.  Somehow I doubt beige
support
has improved with 10.3.

=Nadine=
--